The Lyric Theatre Singers have earned rave reviews for their presentation of both Broadway and Christmas music in concert. Whether belting out the jazz rhythms of a Cole Porter song or touching the audience with the nostalgia of “White Christmas”, the “Singers” under the musical direction of Bob Bachelor, have been entertaining audiences since their premiere performance in 1990.
Over the years, concert-goers have been thrilled with The Lyric Theatre Singers’ annual Christmas and Spring show with interpretations from such diverse musical theatre hits as Les Miserables, Nine, West Side Story, Ragtime, My Fair Lady, Notre-Dame-de-Paris, The Wiz, The King and I, Showboat West Side Story, Miss Saigon, Company, Wicked, The Man of La Mancha, Rent, Sweeney Todd, Evita, Camelot, A Little Night Music, Oklahoma, Crazy For You, Porgy and Bess, Jesus Christ Superstar and many, many more.
The Singers have performed hundreds of songs from such legendary Broadway composers as George Gershwin, Rodgers and Hammerstein, Irving Berlin, Cole Porter, Jerome Kern and Andrew Lloyd Webber just to name a few.
The Lyric Theatre Singers have received glowing reviews throughout Quebec and in the United States for their exciting and memorable performances. Some of these include:
- Festival des Arts de St-Sauveur with Robert Marien, Theâtre de la Verdure in Parc Lafontaine;
- Guest artists at André Turp Foundation Christmas Gala;
- The Heart and Music fundraising concert in partnership with RECLAIM, a non-profit organization for the promotion of literacy ;
- Fundraising concert to benefit Kahnawake “All Stars” Youth Theatre;
- Fundraisers for the Jewish Nursing Association, Montreal Association for the Blind, the NDG Food Depot, Lakeshore Players, and The Canadian Cancer Foundation.
The Lyric Theatre Singers were awarded First Prize at Chorus 2001, part of L’International Competition et Festival de l’art vocal de Trois-Rivières, and has been associated with the ARCIM Choral Competition (Montréal) – placing First in the Advanced Category in only the group’s second year of existence.
This award-winning group was guest artist at ChaNteauguay Music Festival. The choir was contracted on several occasions to work in studio on both album and commercial projects. The Singers recorded “With A Song in My Heart” – A Broadway Collection in October of 2001. A live recording of “Christmas at Tudor Hall 2006” is also available for purchase.